Monday, May 26, 2008

We be bloggin!

Well, the Biker Browns have arrived! Everyone we know has created a Blog but us... so we thought it was time to get on the ball and get a blog started! I told Jim that I wasn't going to start a Blog till after I finished school, I am basically done, so here we are:) Hopefully we will keep you all up to date on what we are up to and give you a little insight into the Brown Family.

Many of you are wondering why we call ourselves the "Biker Browns". About a month ago we bought a MOTORCYCLE! It is a 1999 Honda Shadow in excellent condition. We bought it from Jim's cousin and he took such great care of it. It has some new pipes that sound great and are really loud...I am sure the neighbors love it!

Jim hasn't taken his test yet to get his license so I am the only one that can legally drive it. Guess who gets to sit on the back??? Yes, Jim sits on back! I think it is cute:) He loves to look around and enjoy the scenery, whisper sweet nothings into my ear, and hug me tight when we go fast!

You would never know it but there things that bikers do to one another that people in cars do not get to participate in. Bikers generally wave to each other although you have never met. BUT, there is a rule to how you wave to each other. You drop your left hand off the handle bar and lower it below the handle bars and give kind of a "nod" with your hand. No excessive waving is acceptable just a "what's up" nod with your hand. If you are ever caught waving they just look at you like you are an idiot. Jim found that one out the hard way!

Weather permitting we have really enjoyed the bike. The weather is not cooperating very well, but we make due:)

9 Comments:

Blogger Brown Family said...

woohoo!! Welcome to blogging. :P

I also thinks it's cute how Jim gets to sit on the back.

June 5, 2008 at 4:01 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

I can totally see you two riding a motorcycle. Do you have a red bandanna on under your helmet with matching leather jackets?

June 5, 2008 at 4:12 PM  
Blogger B said...

Nice, it will be fun to get to keep up with what you guys are doing!

June 5, 2008 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Rilla said...

We want pictures, we want pictures!!!
So, what do you want for your birthday this year???
Love you and WEAR THAT HELMET!!!

June 5, 2008 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

No leathers...yet... but funny enough, Jim bought me a red bandanna the day I got the motorcycle!

June 6, 2008 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger amy rae said...

you will get the hang of things you just have to take some time to look over things and you will get the hang of it. I'm still figuring things out with mine. my blog isn't what I want so I still need to figure things out for myself.

June 6, 2008 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger KayStar said...

I want pictures of jim on back.... love ya jim!

June 8, 2008 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Cindy and Jim,
This is only the 2nd blog I have ever written too. Thanks for sending it to us. The bike looks cool and you guys look great on it. Sounds like Jim might need to go to the local Harley school for some driving (and starting) instruction. Good Luck!
BR

June 17, 2008 at 8:51 PM  
Blogger Katey said...

I'm so glad you guys finally joined the blogging ranks. Now I can find out what's going on in your life without even having to talk to you! Look what the internet has done to us!!! I have a blog too...I hope you are already reading it...katey-k(dot)blogspot(dot)com

June 29, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home